The human body’s heat, moisture and rich source of nutrients make it an ideal environment for organisms to thrive in. It is the body’s immune system comprising of cells, organs and sub-systems which help protect your body.
How To Strengthen The Immune System
Stress reduction, promoting better blood and lymph quality, supporting good intestinal bacteria and the use of aromatherapy with essential oils help improve your immune system. Aromatherapy uses essential oils in various mediums to improve your overall health.
Some essential oils which help build the immune system are tea tree, lemon, sandalwood, eucalyptus, lavender, chamomile and cinnamon leaf oils.
How Aromatherapy Strengthens The Immune System
Aromatherapy works in three ways:
· Its antibacterial and antiviral properties directly attack and destroy the harmful microorganisms in the body
· It directly stimulates organs of the immune system by improving the production of immunity-boosting cells and encouraging lymph to flush out toxins
· It alleviates stress and controls hormones secreted by the adrenal system.
How to use essential oils
Essential Oils Can Be Used In Various Ways
1. By diffusing immune supportive essential oils every day, you give your body a great line of defense. Inhaling or diffusing essential oils into the air make the oil directly enter your lungs to get quickly absorbed into the blood stream while crossing the airway/capillary system.
Essential oil molecules are then transported through the body into each and every cell. As blood takes only a few minutes to circulate through the body, inhaled essential oils will be throughout the body in a few minutes’ time.
2. Gargling is also as beneficial as inhaling as the mucous membranes in the mouth quickly absorb essential oils into the blood stream. Just remember not to swallow the mixture while using essential oils in a mouth wash; just swish around and spit it out. Don’t us more than a drop or two for gargling.
3. Essential oils in a massage blend too is very helpful as they get slowly absorbed over a period of time. With skin being the largest body organ, essential oil constitutes can penetrate the skin layers to get absorbed into the blood stream.
They are absorbed more slowly if added to carrier oils and lotions. However essential oils should basically be diluted into a carrier oil or lotion before applying to the skin as some oils can cause sensitive skin reactions. Some oils also have strong chemical constituents which can cause skin damage if used undiluted